Here is a collection of local routes we ride.
- Make sure to wear a helmet, bring water, and follow the rules of the road on all these routes.
- Use lights, reflectors, and wear bright clothing if you are riding at night.
- Shopping routes are not intended to be the quickest or most direct, but are intended to put you on roads with bike paths, ample shoulders, or low traffic.
- It should be assumed that encounters with automobile traffic are unavoidable. BE CAREFUL!
- SB campus to Stony Brook Village (5mi loop)
- SB campus to Setauket Shopping Center (6mi loop)
- SB campus to Lake Grove/Smithhaven Mall Shopping (10mi)
- Meandering Beach Ride From West Meadow to Cedar Beach (30mi loop)
- Direct ride from West Meadow Beach to Cedar Beach (20mi loop)
- Ride from Stony Brook Campus to West Meadow Beach (10mi loop)
- Ride from Stony Brook Campus to Nissequogue River (16mi loop)
- Ride from SB Campus through Setauket, Poquott, and Port Jeff (11mi loop)